Strict Compile Mode

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Oct 12 12:15:14 EDT 2012

Right. I have said before, I think there should be a stack or application global so that an application and it's substacks have access to it, but not foreign stacks. This is where things can go catawonkers if you are running two database enabled apps. It is recommended by RunRev to store your database id in a global. If I am in the habit of using the same variable name in all my database enabled stacks (which indeed I am), I will get into trouble, at least running them in the IDE. (Of course, because I use the method of opening the connection when I need it and closing it when I am done or idling, I don't have a problem.)

The solution at present is to store the database ID in a stack property. Sure, I guess that will work. But it deviates from the recommended methodology is all I am saying.

Bob