defaultcursor problem

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 10:17:00 EDT 2012

That never works. Setting "the cursor" will only be very fleeting, as the cursor will revert to the defaultcursor at the next idle message, and it happens so fast you never even see a flicker You can set "the cursor" then lock the cursor, then unlock it in a mouseleave handler, and that will work, but I learned a long time ago that this leads to persistent locked cursors, since LC seems at times not to send "mouseleave" messages, eg when a modal dialog is invoked, and randomly otherwise too.

I can set the defaultcursor successfully in other circumstances, eg, in a mousemove handler over a button, to change it to "hand" to indicate to the user that what's called for is a click on the button. I want to do the same thing over an unlocked field when the commandkey is down, to indicate to the user that a click is called for. I used to be able to do this, but now it doesn't work any more.   ????

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig