Speed of visual effect under iOS

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at me.com
Thu Oct 11 11:09:22 EDT 2012

Matthias,

Are you running on an iPad 3 by chance?

I'm not sure there's really much you can do. I've run into this same problem. If it's iPad 3, the LC engine has to work extra hard to update the screen, and that's what's causing the delay. It's my understanding that LiveCode does not yet take advantage of the new graphics processor in the iPad 3, and that's why visual effects like this appear to be slower. Hopefully sometime soon we'll see an update that takes advantage of the new hardware. Until then, one thing you could try would be to keep your code in preOpenCard as minimal as possible. Move everything you possibly can to openCard instead. This has actually helped me in some cases.

Good luck!

Chris

--
Chris Sheffield