Help! PlayCommand Agent X

Thierry Douez th.douez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:18:32 EDT 2012

Hi Marty,

2012/10/10 Marty Billingsley <marty at ucls.uchicago.edu>:
> Thanks, René.  The sunnYmidi interface looks a LOT more complicated than the interface of shakobox (which uses PlayCommand Agent X).  I'm basically looking for something that will mimic the old Hypercard "play" command, which wanted an instrument, a tempo, and a note or list of notes.  Unless I'm misreading the tutorial, sunnYmidi is way too complicated for my students.

Please, just read this:

http://sunny-tdz.com/art-1000#Playing

whcih tells you how to play a note:

        sunnYmidi.Play  channel, Duration, Velocity, Note

That's it.

if you want to change of instrument, go http://sunny-tdz.com/art-1000#Instrument

          sunnYmidi.Set channel, "instrument", instrument_ID

and that's all you need to know for basic stuff.

I suggest you to download the sunnYmidi demo Live tutorial which in few minutes,
shows you how it is so simple and still powerfull:
    go  http://sunny-tdz.com/dwn and download "sunnYmidi demo v2.0"

Kind regards,

Thierry