Quicktime problems on windows

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Oct 10 11:57:49 EDT 2012

Hi,

from time to time I have customers who have problems with playing my QT
videos in my LC program on windows machines. The video window just stays
black, or gets half transparent or other of these kind of weird phenomena's.
In almost all cases I could solve the problems by uninstalling and
reinstalling quicktime. Sometimes it had to be done up to three times (yes,
with admin users, newest driver of the graphic adapter, etc.) until
quicktime was ready to work on a windows machine. In some cases even the
hardware acceleration of the graphic adapter had to be switched off.

Now I had a customer with a 3 month brand new computer W7,64Bit, where
everything failed until the customer found out by incident to start my LC
4.6 program in XP compatibility mode, which was the only way to get
quicktime with LC to life.

Do you have other hints and tricks, what to look for with QT problems on
windows and do you have any idea what could cause QT to run, when LC runs in
XP mode?

Thanks for sharing your experiences

Tiemo