Strict Compile Mode

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 9 23:09:11 EDT 2012

On 10/9/12 9:10 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> I would *really* like a semi-global scope that applies only to other
> routines in the same script, and not to other scripts . . .

That's what script local variables are. Declare them at the top of the
script (or before any other handler uses them) and all handlers in that
script (and that script only) have access to it:

local sCounter

on openCard
   put 0 into sCounter
end openCard

on whatever
   add 1 to sCounter
end whatever

on somethingElse
   subtract 5 from sCounter
end somethingElse

As long as all these handlers are in the same script, they can all
access sCounter. Other scripts don't know about it. See "local" in the
dictionary.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com