Cannot build a standalone application

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 9 11:38:06 EDT 2012

Mark Schonewille wrote:

 > Richard,
 >
 > Apple provides developers with preview releases of Mac OS X
 > and XCode. That's sufficient to make sure that RAD tools like
 > LiveCode are up-to-date the day that the next OSX or XCode is
 > released.

I'm not in a position to know the details of the scope of work RunRev
needs to perform for any given OS update.  Without such knowledge, I
can't claim to know how much time is required to accommodate Apple's
apparent disregard for backward compatibility.

It may be that the preview period Apple gives developers is indeed
sufficient, and the folks at RunRev are just lying around on a Spanish
beach drinking Mai Tais.

Or it may not (though FWIW recent correspondence from Kevin suggests
that at least once person is currently in their offices).

I don't have enough detailed information about the scope of the task to
know, and I don't believe anyone else here on this list does either.

 > Anyway, the point is not to discuss with you whether something
 > is possible or not. The point is that I am worried and I'd
 > like RunRev (not you) to take my worries away, if they want me
 > to upgrade more frequently.

My apologies for replying to your post to this user-to-user support
list.  If you had meant to send your request to RunRev you may want to
use support <at> runrev.com.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World