libURLSetStatusCallback Runtime error

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Oct 7 11:25:53 EDT 2012

I've been thinking about this more and have a couple of issues.

The dictionary does mention this issue and lists the handlers which "might"
be an issue and openCard is not one of them, that's why I used openCard
instead of one of the ones mentioned in the dictionary.  I wouldn't have an
openCard handler if it weren't for this code.  So is the dictionary wrong
or is there something else going on?

Probably more importantly though, it seems really bad design to me that the
engine would pass control to user stacks before its own initialization is
complete.  Shouldn't I be able to expect that the engine is in a stable
state when my code starts executing?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>