iOS keyboard anomaly?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Oct 6 12:20:23 EDT 2012

I am still trying to make sense of iOS text input. I have constructed a very small app for testing purposes, in which I instantiate an iOS keyboard and make it visible. The visibility includes not only the keyboard but also the rectangle (aka field) where the user can type text. This is AFAIK normal. I have written a script which uses the keyboard input and mostly it works; BUT I can get this app into a state where the keyboard shows up and the input rectangle doesn't - I am happy to share the script with anyone interested, but meanwhile do folks think this is other than a bug in LC? What's the user of a text input keyboard without anywhere to input the text? Has anyone else seen this?

Still experimenting but very grateful for any insight.

Graham