What to intercept for an OS closing of a stack to lock messages

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Oct 5 17:21:58 EDT 2012

By the way, error 13 is in fact insufficient permissions, as I suspected, but it was more difficult to determine that that I thought it would be. The usual lists of OS X errors usually skips the first 25 or so on the positive side. My opinion here is that system calls that return an error, should be reported as an LC error so you can trap for them as such.

I get why LC is somewhat vague about the specifics of the errors, as they might change at some point. There are shell commands you can execute to grep the current error codes, but that may be more that you want to code for if your need is limited.

Bob