What to intercept for an OS closing of a stack to lock messages

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Oct 5 16:51:24 EDT 2012

There is the shutDownRequest if you are quitting a compiled app. It gets sent to the current card of the main stack! Make sure you are trapping for it in the mainStack and not another. Be sure to pass it in order to complete the shutdown! My understanding is that if you don't the SIGTERM sent to the app will be ignored.

CloseStack should be working. It is sent to the current card, so make sure it isn't being intercepted and not passed through the heiarchy. I think destroyStack is a property of a stack, and not a command that does anything. It really should be named "purgeMemory" or something of the sort, as the stack is not actually destroyed.

Bob