[OT] Girls Don't Code??

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:07:10 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Devin Asay <devin_asay at byu.edu> wrote:
> Our first two kids were boys. My wife and I, all full of high-minded book learnin',  were all determined that we wouldn't force "gender
>roles" on our first child. So we got him both dolls and trucks to play with. Guess what? He played with the dolls. He turned them into
>guns or crashed them into the trucks.

I don't remember specifically doing it for our older girls, but for
the twins, we bought trucks and a garage and stuff.

We saw them playing with them one day and got closer.

twin 1: "This is the mommy truck."
twin 2, in little squeaky voice, "This is the baby truck."

And with that, we stopped bothering with such things . . .

But,

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> I was pissed off in seventh grade because girls had to take home economics
> and I wasn't allowed to take shop class. I wanted to work the saws.

My oldest daughter is definitely obsessed with power tools . . .

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462