iOS simulator won't work

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Thu Oct 4 15:29:44 EDT 2012

On Oct 4, 2012, at 2:41 PM, Lars Brehmer <larsbrehmer at me.com> wrote:

> >Whart am I missing? The book has been spot on for every little detail so far, so I wonder why this isn't working?

What are the chances!

Some things may have become more strict over time, and you may have to enter a more full app id.

In that field initially there is "com.yourcompany.yourapp", change that to something else, say "com.larsbrehmer.helloworldtest" If that then doesn't work, try selecting a provisioning profile.

What I think may have happened is that at the time I wrote those instructions the placeholder text was actually used as the app id, and so it worked. At some point RunRev may have intentionally removed that text when you do a test, so these days you have to enter your own id.

At least that's my guess, and I was able to see the problem you saw, and then get it to work by entering my own id, and selecting a provisioning file.