Skinning buttons

John Allijn jallijn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 10:42:40 EDT 2012

I've created a large number of buttons designed to look good on an iPad3. I created these buttons by scripts that combining images and icon fonts and saving these as snapshots. After that my script uses these snapshots to skin buttons. So far so good.

The problem that I now run into is that when I try to scale these buttons down for use on an iPhone, the images are cropped (clipped) and not resized. Is there a setting somewhere that can change this behaviour? In other words, if I select a button and drag the corner to resize it, I want the images of its skin to resize with it.

Thanks!
John.