How do you group two groups on two separate cards?

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Oct 2 21:15:22 EDT 2012

On 03/10/2012, at 10:50 AM, Charles Szasz wrote:

> Some time ago I was able to group two different groups on two cards in a stack. Unfortunately, I do not remember how I did this! I tried the following script in the message box:
>
> group group "one" of card "two" and group "two" of card "three"
>
> This does group the two groups but it also puts them on the same card, which is not I want or need. Any suggestions on how to group two groups on two separate cards?

I'd be very surprised if there was any way of doing that, but why not do what you are already doing (which I think will remove the group from the second card) and then place the newly created parent group on the second card. In a preopencard handler you could then show/hide the child groups of the parent group on each of the cards as appropriate.

Terry...