[OT] Facebook

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Oct 2 17:13:15 EDT 2012

I got that email, only they were not asking for a secondary address for security purposes. They wanted to open my email account and scrape it for addresses. They promised to be really, really careful with the information I gave them. At first I thought it was a scam, but it turned out it really was from Facebook!!

Ok... I can see some young programmer thinking this was a good idea, but to ask someone for a user name and password to their email account? Ohe Myee Gawad! (as the valley girls say). NOBODY (except for of course, NOBODY) asks for full credentials to ANYTHING via an email message!!!!! Except Facebook.

Bob