command-click on a word

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 2 16:58:44 EDT 2012

On 10/2/12 3:39 PM, Timothy Miller wrote:

> Now I'm curious again. I suppose the definition of "our jobs," as
> above, has changed on the LC list. Is the LC list mostly comprised of
> developers writing mobile apps these days?

I just meant that anyone developing cross platform apps (Windows, OS X,
mobile) couldn't use the same code base for all builds. The menu is
strictly an OS X service, so there would have to be a lot of
code-branching for each platform, and lots of specialized handlers to
accomodate similar functionality on non-Mac machines. I was probably a
little presumptuous, forgetting that some folks develop only for their
own use.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com