command-click on a word

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Tue Oct 2 16:39:29 EDT 2012

There's my answer. Thanks, J.

On Oct 1, 2012, at 4:00 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> It's an OS X Service and apps can hook into it if they want. I suspect LiveCode doesn't do it because of its cross-platform nature. None of the other operating systems have it and branching the engine code to support a single OS is probably a lot of work. It wouldn't make our jobs any easier either, since only apps built for Macs would work with it.

Now I'm curious again. I suppose the definition of "our jobs," as above, has changed on the LC list. Is the LC list mostly comprised of developers writing mobile apps these days?

Thanks also to Bob, for the extensive reply. I hope you didn't write all that code just for me!

Tim