Leaving stack open

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 2 10:05:57 EDT 2012

Hugh Senior wrote:
> Using the LiveCode IDE, is it possible to keep a stack open after closing
> the LiveCode menubar? Using the MC IDE, I am used to this behavior and would
> like to retain it!

The MC IDE is very much an "I know what I'm doing" design, so it allows
you to close its menu bar even though that may require any subsequent
opening of stacks, or even quitting, be done through the Message Box
(assuming you have some way to access the Message Box without going
through the IDE menu bar).

The LiveCode IDE attempts the more difficult role of providing a
traditional application GUI, even though your application's GUI will
sometimes take precedence (fighting over the single menu bar on Mac, for
example).

Given the central role of LC's menu bar, they've elected to have the app
quit when it's closed.

If it conflicts with your app's layout (such as having your own toolbar)
you can hide the LC toolbar instead of closing it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World