[OT] What does Richmond do with Livecode?

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:23:34 EDT 2012

As a psychiatrist, I do not want any of my personal info available to random others (read: "possibly personality-disordered patients"), and my solution was to open a Facebook account with minimal information and maximal privacy settings mainly so I could post an occasional comment on my daughter's and nephew's Facebook pages. However, the privacy settings are complex enough -- and Facebook's propensity to share my info without my knowledge is so worrisome -- that I haven't been able to decipher them. As a result, I still run into some roadblocks, eg I got stymied by a recent NPR suggestion to share some brief slogans re why I listen to NPR when I found that it was only accessible through Facebook and that it required me to open my page info to be available to send to NPR. At that point I gave up.

It's annoying to me when anyone restricts their communication to the Facebook channel.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig