[OT] Facebook [was: What does Richmond do with Livecode?]

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Oct 1 18:14:26 EDT 2012

I agree that FB is notorious in their privacy protection failures. They are epic. However, I will bet that the FBI doesn't need Facebook to find out whatever they want about me. The trick is to not have anything to hide that they might want to know about. As far as identity theft, I am not sure how having a picture of me can induce a bank to start up an account with my name. Still, my photo is a logo someone made for me called Sly Laboratories, which is a fox next to a beaker under a full blue moon. Pretty spiffy I think!

If the FBI wants to know what I think and how I feel about things, why they can call me and ask. In fact I might just call them and see if they are interested. :-) I've had my Facebook account hacked once. Nothing came of it, because I don't have any information there that could be used to compromise anything. Still, I get what you are saying. Most people might use their online banking user name and password for FB and never even think about what a HUGE bonehead thing to do that is.

Bob