Export Image 16 ColorList Doesn't Work!

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Nov 29 13:02:23 EST 2012

Hi Rick:

I just tried a simple test that seemed to work as expected.
I created a full spectrum (rainbow) gradient in Photoshop, imported into
LC, put a bunch of color values into a field, executed the following:

put fld 1 into theList
   put specialFolderPath("desktop") & "/export.gif" into theFilePath
   export image 1 to file theFilePath as gif with palette theList

The field contains a return delimited list of RGB colors:

255,0,0
255,0,107
227,0,242
95,0,255
7,3,255
0,62,255
0,147,255
0,238,248
0,255,187
0,255,116
7,255,2
96,255,0
225,247,0
255,155,0
255,61,0

Opening the exported image in Photoshop shows a 16 color palette (black
was added I supposed because I only defined 15 colors).

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design