display and print different image quality

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Nov 29 06:38:10 EST 2012

Hi,

I have a card with an logo image, which is to be printed. Up to now I have
two images for my logo, a small one, which is shown on the card and a large
one, to be printed. I do this because if I print the small one, which
resides on the card, the text in the logo is printed blurred, because the
print dimension is much bigger, then the card size. On the opposite, I can't
set the text of the small display-image to the text of the big print-image,
because just shrinking the logo in livecode the text shows bad pixeled.

My workaround up to now is, that I use the small image only for displaying
on the card and a big print-image, which I set offscreen. Now I print the
rectangle of the big offscreen-image into the rect of the small print
position , while hiding the small display image. This works fine with good
display and print quality, but I am wondering, if there is a more straight
approach, with manipulating the text or imagedata of the image, but I didn't
find an easier solution yet.

Thanks

Tiemo