it and explicitVar?

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Thu Nov 22 15:25:15 EST 2012

Richard,

There is definitely something rotten in Denmark pertaining to explicitVars. I just recently returned to a project that I had not opened for months and found LC was asking me to declare virtually everything. Major headache. It did unearth some other problems, that had not been a problem in the past. Some scripts just would not compile until I fixed them. I did have some typos; so it was good, but now I have to declare every var I use and have found no way to turn this off. Even in my scripts. Yes it has asked me to declare "it" and every letter in the alphabet that I use in a commandKeyDown handler; or put them in quotes so they are seen as literals. Not sure how my "fixes" will eventually affect the running of scripts that had been working just fine in the past now that I've declared a bunch of the vars as local. Hmn. I'm still using LC 4.5.2 on a Mac with OSX 6.8 in the event that has anything to do with anything.

Joe Wilkins