"Badge" in answer modal?

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 22 14:26:08 EST 2012

Hi Jan.

Thanks. Perfect. I can't imagine what all goes on between "on  preOpenStack" and "end PreOpenStack"

But your suggestion to insert the reset at the end of that handler work just fine.

Here is a button script to test the strategy:

CAUTION; This meddles with answer dialog script. But restores it at the end.

on mouseUp --Change the location of the answer dialog box
   answer "This is the default position of the answer box."

   put the script of card 1 of stack "answer dialog" into tScript
   put lineoffset("end preOpenStack", tScript)  into tLineNo

   --Define the new script line.
   put "Set the loc of this stack to "& "200,400" into tNewScriptLine

   --Alter the script
   put tNewScriptLine & cr & "end preOpenStack" into line tLineNo of tScript
   set the script of card 1 of stack "answer dialog"  to tScript

   --Test of new loc.
   answer "Have I moved?"

   --Now restore the deafulat script if you like
   put "end preOpenStack" into line tLineNo of tScript
   set the script of card 1 of stack "answer dialog" to tScript
-- Or you might just change the new script line to "set the loc of this stack to the screenLoc"
end mouseUp

Jim Hurley