using send to "multi-task" ? [was: Non-blocking URL commands]

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:18:31 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Robert Sneidar <slylabs13 at me.com> wrote:
> No that isn't how it works. That is what I thought as well. Send in time really means
>"do this after you have done everything else that is not send in time". The command will
>still be a blocking command.

I thought it was too good to be true :)

Even so, it could get the user to the next field to start typing
during the brief delay.

> If you really want asynchronous database processing, save your query to a text file, then have a standalone m
>onitor and read the text file read only, processing the query and deleting the text file when done. Have you app check
> for the existence of the text file first before creating it to avoid overwriting a previous query. Have your standalone
>create an error text file and check for that also before your app saves.

My plan is similar:  write to the local db with a timestamp, and the
helper application periodically synchronizes it to
the remote database.

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462