http://www.haiku-os.org/

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Nov 20 17:03:21 EST 2012

> It would have been used, too, except that Be thought they had
> Apple over a barrel.
>
> OK, they kind of did, but for that barrel price, Apple
> discovered that they could buy Jobs, err, NeXT . . . which
> was for all intents and purposes, the end of Be.

They were pretty high on confidence, and to their credit, it was a very
promising OS.

Back in the day, I talked with Jean-Louis Gassée about porting a RAD tool (a
different one) to build native apps for BeOS. It would have cost them very
little, but they were extremely high on themselves and they wouldn't
consider helping fund it. Since an OS lives and dies by the apps available
for it, I can't help but wonder if he had said yes if it would have made a
difference.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President