URL function fails on http requests, results in "invalid host address", other internet functions work correctly

Robert Sneidar slylabs13 at me.com
Tue Nov 20 16:47:09 EST 2012

Not necessarily. There may be a global hosts file, as well as a local one for the account. But when troubleshooting, an alternative to divide and conquer is do the simple stuff first. Disable the AV temporarily and see if the problem persists. If a new profile solves the problem, that means there is something specific to the account that is a problem. Are both accounts Administrator accounts? If the initial one is not, start down that path. Make it an administrator account and see if things change.

Would this be Windows Vista or Win7? If so, you may want to check to see if Livecode has permission through your AV software to access the internet. It's all guessing though without having the system in front of me.

Bob