WMA/WMV files in Livecode

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 20 15:48:30 EST 2012

Unfortunately the usefulness of LiveCode's use of the native Win player
is dependent on the needs of the application.

For example, unless there's been a recent change, LC can play movies
fine using the native Win media engine, but only if you play from the
beginning of the video; if you need control over the startTime you're
out luck unless you use QT.

I've been hoping for a change to the obsolete MCI interface LC uses for
native Win video for many years, but I'm not aware of a change to that
thus far.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World