Scrolling List Field/Table

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu Nov 15 18:18:04 EST 2012

I would like to have a scrolling list field that includes a table control
within it.  The challenge is to have the table field scroll when the list
scrolls.  I have a scrollbarDrag handler that adds the newposition
parameter to the top and bottom items of the table's rectangle.  That does
move the table but by a much larger amount than the scrolling list field
moves.  Also tried using the vscroll of the scrolling list field with the
same result.

I'm guessing that I need to figure out some sort of ratio between the
newposition parameter and the distance I need to move the table but how to
do that is way beyond my thought processes so any help would be most
welcome.

It also seems that using newposition doesn't help me figure out whether the
list scrolled up or down.  Is there a property/message that tells me that
or is it a matter of comparing the new scroll position with the last one to
figure that out?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>