[ANN] lcMover plugin released; lcResTool updated

Charles E Buchwald charles at buchwald.ca
Thu Nov 15 17:47:14 EST 2012

I've released a free, tiny little plugin I'm calling lcMover. It's sole task is to move your topmost window around, shoving it into the corners, or the middle edges, or the centre of your screen. It tries to avoid putting your window under the Mac menubar or the tool palette. It's handy when you are resizing windows via script, or using my lcResTool plugin.

I've also updated my free lcResTool plugin for resizing windows and keeping track of device sizes, resolutions and pixel densities. I've added the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini, and made a few minor interface changes and bug fixes. The palette is smaller, it operates on the top most window automatically now, and I've moved the window moving functions into the separate lcMover plugin.

You can get both here:
http://buchwald.ca/developer-tools/

In case you haven't heard of the lcResTool plugin before:
> As a developer, there are quite a lot of screen sizes to consider. Even if you’re only on one platform it can take time to keep track of them all, and to view your software or app at those different resolutions and sizes. ResTool helps make that easier.
> Put it in your LiveCode plugins folder, and it can:
> 	• Tell you the current window size of your stack, or the rect, or the working screenRect
> 	• Quickly resize your stack to any one of 15 common mobile sizes
> 	• Switch between landscape and portrait orientations
> 	• Automatically account for status bar height
> 	• Show a reference including most common screen resolutions, resolution standards, aspect ratios, screen densities, and some useful, related web links.

I hope you find them useful!
Feedback is most welcome.

- Charles
--