Location-Based Push Message?

Dan Friedman Dan at clearvisiontech.com
Thu Nov 15 17:17:12 EST 2012

This is a Mobile app.  I have a client (a baseball team) that want's to send a push message to all the fans (that have installed the mobile app) that are at the game at that moment.  They don't want the user to have to launch the app, or do any type of "login" or tapping "I'm Here".

So, I need to either (A) figure out which users (UDIDs) are at the given location, and send only those people the push, or (B) send everyone the push and have the mobile device disregard the push if the device is not at the location.

B seems like the more logical choice.  But, is it possible to process a push BEFORE the OS display's it?

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

-Dan