Livecode's appetite

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 10:57:04 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Jim Hurley <jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I just happened to notice Livecode's CPU appetite,--as reported in the Activity Monitor. It is takes up 6.7% of the CPU available usage, even while I am using MS Word.
>
> On the other hand, Excel is using only .2%
>
> There is probably a good reason for LC's appetite.
>
> Jim

I'm running Windows 8 and just had a look at the task manager... after
launching LC and without any project loaded, it showed zero percentage
on the CPU. I then opened my largest stack and it ran up into the 2%
CPU range, then settled back to zero again. I'm sure it wasn't a true
zero reading, but it was low enough that the system resource monitor
thought so.

Best regards,
David C.