Livecode's appetite

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Nov 13 10:50:50 EST 2012

Hi Jim,

Check pendingmessages, "send in time" commands, repeat loops with messages, blinking cursor and, last but not least, default buttons.

If I create a standalone without any of this, it usually gets below 3% most of the time. Still, much more than most other apps and problematic if you decide to run 10 standalones at the same time (something which isn't a problem at all if you use apps created with XCode).

While I'm writing this, Color Converter (made with LiveCode) shows a CPU usage of 0.0%, which proves that it is possible to make apps that don't eat up CPU time while running in the background.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Use Color Converter to convert CMYK, RGB, RAL, XYZ, H.Lab and other colour spaces. http://www.color-converter.com

We have time for new software development projects. Contact me for a quote.