selObj from a palette stack

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Nov 12 11:48:19 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:51 AM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com>wrote:

> There are also some mirrored properties, like the cRevLoadInfo["mode"]
> property which does the same thing as the built-in style stack property.
>  The mirrored properties have mystified me since they were introduced into
> the IDE; I'm a big fan of just teaching people how the engine works and how
> to use it well.

The only cRevLoadInfo property I find useful is "mode". I use it to
preconfigure my lcStackBorwser stack as a modeless when I make a production
build. I've found it works best as a modeless stack rather than a palette
and palette is the default stack style if none is specified.

> The messages, however, make more sense in a world where third parties
> can't be trusted to always pass frontScript messages.

I would gladly use the revxxx messages instead of a front script but many
of the messages I need to trp don't have a rev equivalent so rather than
complicate life by having some messages trpped in a front script and some
trapped by the revxxx mechanism, I chose to use a front script.