Financial formulae

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Nov 5 05:02:44 EST 2012

Mike, thanks for that  - very useful. No need for an extra clean-up.

You know I did search the dictionary, but never thought of something so obvious as 'annuity' or 'compound'. Well, you learn something new every day (at least I do). I need to understand a little more about the functions I have been asked for - they deal in annuities and interest, but they have more parameters than the LC 'annuity' function… all very instructive.

As to Craig's suggestion about 42, I think perhaps we haven't fully understood the question - but the deadline on this project doesn't allow me to wait the requisite millions of years to deal with that issue. I'm very fond of that passage, especially the striking philosophers: "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty".

Thanks again

Graham