developing for mobile devices

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Sun Nov 4 20:21:36 EST 2012

Colin Holgate-2 wrote
> I seem to be syllable dyslexic. I meant mobileControlCreate.

Thanks, no problem ("create control", as an example of "english like" makes
more sense than "control create" anyway). Its interesting that the only
reference to this that I could find was in the Android Release notes (it is
not mentioned in iOS or the general release notes). I took the app
development academy and it wasn't mentioned there either (summer 2011) so it
must be newer. This is part of the problem discussed by Chris...
documentation is fragmented and all over the place. And in a rapidly
changing environment, which LC is, it can be difficult to keep up with.
Also, what documentation is provided in the release notes is pretty sparse.
It is often sufficient to start some experimentation, but its hardly "user
friendly" in terms of helping you predict what the commands are going to do,
create, or even what they are good for (no pictures, for example).

It looks like a useful command to know. I was wondering if you cover it in
your book?

Thanks

-- Mark