[ANN] Game Center crowd funding opportunity

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sun Nov 4 19:59:09 EST 2012

On 05/11/2012, at 11:39 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> The only problem I have with your implementation of it, and I may be
> misunderstanding it, is that the funders still have to pay something for
> what they are funding, over and above the crowd funding amount.
>
> Most of my experience with crowd funding has been with tCD, book, and movie
> projects, something with a tangible, finite end product which I always get
> for free.  Software, of course, is a little different; a CD is a CD, it
> doesn't need to be updated or have bug fixes made to whereas software has
> an ongoing maintenance cost.  So I recognize it's a tricky situation to
> deal with.
>
> I don't have a solution, just something to think about.

Yes, I totally understand that. Given the size of the LiveCode community I thought it would be better to look for the equivalent of the 50-70% of funding that I use with clients rather than go for the 100+% percent of funding required if it were meant to cover complete development, support and maintenance. The other funding needs to come from somewhere though and it can only come from sales. As Mark just pointed out crowd funding into such a small market is difficult. On the up side people can pay just $10 (or more) and then get $25 off the external when released or $60 off the suite. It's all about trying to get the balance right. If the balance isn't right I simply can't afford to do it.

I hope that makes sense

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding