Another scroller query

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Nov 3 15:59:17 EDT 2012

On 11/3/12 9:07 AM, Graham Samuel wrote:
> As I said in my previous message, I'm experimenting with iOS
> scrolling, starting with the "Mobile Scroller Example" on the RunRev
> site. One way my experiment differs from theirs is that I don't want
> the scrolling rectangle (contentRect) to start at the edge of the
> card (i.e. left = 0), whereas the RunRev example does. I find that
> however I position the contentRect, when I scroll right, although if
> I keep dragging I can see the left edge of the group which I'm trying
> to scroll "through" the rectangle, when I let go, it will come to
> rest at the edge of the card rather than the edge of the rectangle,
> so some of the object is now hidden when I didn't want it to be. How
> can I make sure the left hand edge of the group being scrolled will
> end up at left hand edge of the contentRect? And if I can't, is this
> a bug or a feature?

That threw me for months, until someone here finally explained to me
that the top left of the scroller is *always* 0,0 regardless of where
the group is located on the card. The contentRect is relative to the
object it scrolls, not to the stack. Once the lightbulb turned on I was
able to get it to work.

The docs are a little opaque about that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com