Transitions

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Nov 2 14:29:44 EDT 2012

On Nov 2, 2012, at 11:22 AM, <info at multimedial.de>
 wrote:

> While we are at it:
>
> Let's talk about transistions between cards/stacks.
>
> I am after all the original iOS screen transistions like push left and push right etc.
>
> Despite the example inserted in some of the mobGUI example code, i still haven't figured out the correct steps to do this.
>
> Do I need to lock the screen before doing a transition and then unlock again?
>
> Is there no shorter,quicker way?
>
> Like
>
> Go card "newScreen" with visual effect "push left very fast"
>
> (That last "very fast" part always cracks me up - quick,hurry up with that transition! Apparently there is also no difference when you leave that part out...)
>
> I tried several variations of this but some of the mobGUI elements stayed on the screen (like in direct-to-screen mode in Director) or it didn't work at all.
>
> Also. IOS provides so-called "modal" windows which are shown using top-down animations or modal dialogs which come up from bottom to top...
>
> I guess there is no such thing to be done in LC,right?

Christophe,

Runrev changed the syntax slightly for doing transition effects when they updated the graphics engine.

lock screen for visual effect
-- do the changes here; go card, hide/show, etc.
unlock screen with visual effect push left

I've used it and it works great. I also like the ability to limit the transition to a specific region:

lock screen for visual effect in rect (the rect of control 1)
  show control 1
unlock screen with visual effect wipe right

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities