created Android app cannot be installed on real device, Testing on that device works

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu Nov 1 19:55:51 EDT 2012

Hi,

i created an App for Android, which i can test on my device using the test function of LiveCode. No problem.

But i am not able to install the created standalone apk on  tje phone, although it works on that phone from within Livecode.
Of course i uninstalled the test version before trying to install the final version onto that phone.

I uploaded the app onto a webserver and i am able to donwload the apk, but if i confirm the installation i get the message that the app could not be installed.

Anything i am missing here? Could it be that i have entered wrong settings in the standalonebuilder?

My settings are
Label:  appname
identifier:  tk.rebbe.appname
Icon:  iconfile.png
no Splash screen, btw is it correct that splash screens are only supported in personal and education licenses?
Signing: Do not sign
Install location: Allow external Storage
Minimum Android Version: 2.2
Application Permssion: Internet, FineLocation, CoarsLocation

All other not mentioned fields are default or empty.

Does anyone have an idea?

Regards,

Matthias

--