developing for mobile devices

Christophe Leske info at multimedial.de
Thu Nov 1 07:49:47 EDT 2012

Hello,

I got a question related to mobile development using LiveCode...

It seems to me as if mobile development has been "added" to LiveCode,
since there are so many cludges and workarounds for mobile development.

I got a lot of questions regarding the creation of UI elements,
specifically on iOS.

I am aware of MobileGUI, yet I am wondering how I am supposed to create
a scrolling list with it?

Am I really supposed to drag and drop the individual list entries of the
table to the screen? And If so, how am I supposed to scroll the table
and add more entries to it?

Isn't this (and other mobile UI elements and how to call them) not
explained somehere in a document?
Is there not a specific mobile development PDF somewhere where I could
read more about it?

How do I do a picker wheel in LiveCode?

And looking at all the mergExt: they seem to work by loading external
packages to the final binary.
So how am I supposed to test my app?

Can I only test it on devices?

See, the documentation on the mergExt website is very compact and deals
only with commands which are available by the means of the extension -
there is no word on how to use them other than to copy the kext file to
the final app...

Thanks in advance,

--
Christophe Leske
multimedial.de

www.multimedial.de - info at multimedial.de
Hohler Strasse 17 - 51645 Gummersbach
+49(0)2261-99824540 // +49(0)177-2497031