mobilePickMedia - is it possible to get the 'human' names of the media?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Nov 1 06:20:56 EDT 2012

I can use iPhonePickMedia to ask the user to select some tracks - and get
back, at least on iOS, some obscure URLs like:
	ipod-library://item/item.mp3?id=7520634390215469487

Is there any way to get the title or other data of the track?

Or, going the other way, is there some way on the device to read through the
installed tracks and/or playlists... and relate that to playable URLs?

(I'm not trying to sneak behind the user's back, but to be able to set up
playlists in my app, and show the user what they've got selected in a form
that they can understand - if they have to remember that "7520634390215469487"
is what they got when they selected Justin Bieber's new track, this won't be
very helpful!)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Ben