Upgrade to Lion

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu May 31 19:17:33 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Francis Nugent Dixon <effendi at wanadoo.fr>wrote:

> And they all
> "Start Up" and "Shut Down" in record time (now that IS a big advantage !)
> Are there any other advantages ?
>
> I misread this the first time, I thought you were confirming that Lion
takes foreeeevvvveeeeerrrrrrr to start up.

By the end the day my wife will have 10-15 apps running, so when I go to
start her computer in the morning to have another play with Lion it takes
forever to get all those apps back up and running and all those windows in
place. My old IIci running 7.6.1 starts faster!

This is added to the List of choices Lion doesn't give us. My wife would
not tick the box (if it were available) to Disable automatic start of all
apps you were using when you shutdown.

I would tick the box, and from my reading of other online community
comments, there are many others who'd love to have that box to tick as
well. Many are experiencing much slower starts under Lion.

:-(