Upgrade to Lion - backups

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu May 31 17:19:33 EDT 2012

I may be old school but in my data centers I do the following:

1) Raid arrays for local disks so no disk failure will either stop
production or incur data loss.
2) Either rotating off-site tape backups or raid disk swaps of current data
will take care of water/fire/wind.....
3) Rotating tape backups with n number of dailies and unlimited monthlies
will take care of: OOPs I deleted the files
4) Mac "Time machine" or Windows "restore previous versions" for mid day
deletion or quick restore.

Do all the above and your golden.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director