Upgrade to Lion

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu May 31 13:18:51 EDT 2012

First time was software, back when I was maintaining a database on an 8086 machine that used EIDE drives (remember that hell?) Second time it was the drive. It went bad and took out the tapes. The person overseeing the backups was getting errors, but didn't tell anyone until the very last tape, which I was thankfully able to recover data from and send it to the Accounting Software vendor so they could rebuild our accounting database. I forget what the issue was on the third one, but in the first case the tape backup software was telling us the backups (with verify) were successful!

Bob