Upgrade to Lion

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Wed May 30 10:28:40 EDT 2012

Tom,

On Chevys the traction control switch will turn off the electric limited
slip differential and the rpm limiter. Also the shifter has a up/down
button. Put the shifter in low and one can up/down shift at will. On another
note... I was a muscle car guy back in the 70s(63 Vette and 69 Fairlane) I
did not like anti-lock brakes when I got my 94 T-Bird. But one day on a
highway at 60 mph I had someone pull in front of me and jam on their brakes.
I stomped the brake and if it wasn't for the anti-lock brakes I never would
have been able to steer around the car. If my breaks had locked up, I would
have been done. After that I was sold.

Moral of my story......Sometimes new is uncomfortable but good, other times
maybe not so good. That's what we do here, weed the good from that bad and
live-with-it.

I also don't see the need for landfills full of running cars. Right now I
drive:
1988 Camaro(135,00 miles) when there is no snow.
1996 Caprice Classic(285,000 miles) for towing.
And for the road trips a 2005 Malibu Maxx that gets 40 mpg with a 10%
ethanol mix(ok 39.4 mpg to be exact, 40 just sounds better), 44 mpg with
pure gasoline when I can find it. Over 500 miles per tank with no batteries!

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net