Outlet for Mac Apps

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue May 29 17:27:22 EDT 2012

Hi Richard,
Yes I realise it's Apple's doing that, not Bodega.  I've emailed Bodega
about the issue but it doesn't seem true to me.

For example, Coda 2 is available on the Mac App Store.  It's also available
on the Panic web site, either through the Mac App Store or directly from
Panic, with the comment that direct purchase is "For volume licensing, and
Mac App Store haters.".  The only difference listed is no iCloud
availability.  I guess it's possible that Panic are expected to remit 30%
of their web site sales to Apple but doesn't seem likley somehow.

I also found several web articles about the makers of Pixelmator deciding
to sell exclusively through MAS, which seems to suggest that there is a
choice.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>