Upgrade to Lion

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Mon May 28 22:17:58 EDT 2012

I wish I could turn off the predictive spell checking features too. I am a
lousy typist, make a lot of dyslexic mistakes, use backspace a lot and
spend more time trying to fix wrong guesses by the checker.   Too much
predicting and guessing what I'm thinking. I liked it better when it just
underlined what it thought was wrong and then I could go back and fix it
with control-drag. ANNOYING.

And I don't appreciate the search fields that do that guessing too. I'd
rather complete my request and hit return, rather that suffer the delays
that occur.  It seems to be de rigueur - the hip thing these days and I
hate it. Again these thing should be options not forced on the users.

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 6:59 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> On 5/28/12 3:44 PM, Dave Cragg wrote:
>

>> On 28 May 2012, at 19:19, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>
>>  destroying 30 years of entrenched work flow
>>>

>> I'm glad you posted this "grumpy old man of the year award" comment
>> before I did.
>>
>> Remember when Metacard didn't even warn you about saving?
>>

> Yeah, but that was too far the other direction. We all know that the way I
> do things is the right way and everybody else is wrong. :)
>

> --

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA