Where Do You Save User Prefs?

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun May 27 23:34:54 EDT 2012

Hi Igor,
I'm not sure the comment about having to use the bundle ID is true.  From
what I've read (and not from personal experience), Apple seem to be somehat
flexible after you get into the Application SUpport folder.  I'm pretty
sure they allow your company name as the folder within Application support
or even some derivative of it.  Similarly, I think they prefer the "reverse
URL" filename if you are using a plist file but also allow non-plist files
to have other naming conventions.

When I say "allow", I mean if you are submitting to the Mac App Store and
sandboxing your application.  If you are not selling through MAS, you don't
have to sandbox, and Apple don't really have much say in where you put your
files, although the way things are going, they're probably going to get
their fingers more and more into controlling that.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>